8.20.2004

Bill Clinton

Once again I bring you news of my fully exciting and very eventful life. On Tuesday I attended a dinner party with my girlfriend, at which the guests of honor were none other than her aunt and uncle, Mr. and Mrs. Bill Clinton (For those of you who have read my sister's blog and the article in which she claimed to meet Willy, I assure you this is an entirely separate issue). The fare at our disposal was none other than the finest culinary delight known to mankind: freshly baked Papa Murphy's Pizza. As I feasted upon a piece of garlic chicken pizza, Bill asked me what grade I was going into next year at school. I informed him that, like his niece, I too would be a senior. We chatted about various objects of conversation, among those my passion for euphonium and his passion for saxophone. After discussing the finer points of Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue," we engaged in a friendly debate in politics. As he argued the side of John Kerry, I could not help but point out that Kerry has not asserted his opinions in many matters of importance to the American public. I also pointed out his sudden change in philosophy regarding the military and intelligence groups, citing his more than 70% absence rate in the Senate Intelligence Committee and his radical anti-military past. Clinton, as the skilled orator and debater he has always been, swiftly and quite effectively dodged my implications of Kerry's dereliction of duty and immediately began talk of tax breaks and the economy. As he began a speech about liberal fiscal policy and the benefits upon society, I grinned to myself and reminded myself that, in the words of Pink Floyd, sometimes "you just can't win."

4 comments:

Tia said...

Personally, I prefer some of Gershwin's other works, but so be it. You're still alive and kicking, I see. And meeting former heads-of-state. When are you going to Russia?

Justin said...

Motherland Russia doesn't welcome me anymore. Back when they were the U.S.S.R. I started saying bad stuff about Gorbachev in my blog, and it was censored. Then I started a new blog to unleash my voice of justice. Needless to say, that was crushed by the iron fist of communism as well. Once the wall fell, however, the new Russia never extended hospitality to me. I just assume I'm still not welcome. And I don't like those furry hats either.

Tia said...

My 4-year-old sister, Katya, is Russian. I taught her what cossacks were and showed her a picture online and then we made one. Here she is:
Throwback to the Cold WarBut professionally, she's a clown.
Great for extra cash

Justin said...

haha what a cute little sister. Cossack, eh? good times.