10.06.2005

Swahili??



On Saturday night, I had the distinct displeasure of taking my friend Linnea to the emergency room for a badly sprained ankle. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Linnea's company, but St. Joseph's Hospital in Tacoma isn't the most fun place to be at midnight on a weekend. There are all types of different people present--some interesting, some scary. One of the more interesting people I met on this particular occassion was the man pictured above. Let's call him Earl. Well, I started talking to Earl (who only speaks Swahili) about his family and particular ailments. We actually took well to eachother, and he told me a story in Swahili. He must have also told it to another guy, because I found the same story online! So, if you want to read it, the picture is a link. I'm too lazy to translate it and retell it here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why the heck is Swahili speaking Earl reading The Economist in English? That's probly not the best way to learn english...

Geez I forget my username and password.

Heather